26 Jul 22
Toitū Carbon Zero Certified
Dunlop Builders is a Toitū carbonzero certified organisation in line with ISO 14064-1. We are proud to take science-based action to sustain the life of this place, our people and our future.
Our current footprint is 116 tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalents (learn more in our disclosure page here). This is the start of our carbon reduction journey, as we work to do our part to keep global temperatures within a 1.5°C increase.
We are actively reducing our impacts by:
• Investigating more options for plastic recycling.
• Investigating other options for treated timber off-cuts to landfill.
• Implement a robust waste management strategy.
• Review vehicle procurement policy to give preference to EV or fuel efficient cars/utes.
• Implement a procurement policy to give preference to purchase low emission intensity and/or carbonreduce and carbonzero certified products and services.
• Set up composting at the office for green waste.
• Use low energy rated appliances and turn off computers and equipment at the end of the day.
Our specific emission reduction targets are:
• Reduce absolute diesel carbon emissions by 65% by the year 2028, relative to base year.
• Reduce absolute petrol emissions by 65% by the year 2028, relative to base year.
• Reduce absolute capital goods emissions (pre-calculated) by 60% by the year 2028, relative to base year.
• Reduce absolute waste to landfill by 85% by the year 2028, relative to base year.
While we take action to reduce emissions, we are proactively offsetting our impacts through the purchase of carbon credits from the 'Gyapa Cook Stoves' project in Ghana, and the through reforestation of degraded forest, also in Ghana. These have the additional benefit of addressing 7 of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.